How your parents took away your dreams!!

Re-frame your reality and let go of the past




How did we form our limiting beliefs


I have thought long and hard about what is really preventing people from living the most amazing lives (myself included) and whilst speaking to my clients and listening to amazing coaches as part of my own development it is clear that our parents have messed us up.

OK that sounds harsh, but what is true, is that  we are all a product of our environment and at the center of that environment is the single truth, which science has proven that from 0-8 we are like sponges, taking in information subconsciously.

I remember seeing this in my son who would frustrate me through his day dreaming, however he was in his subconscious, that place my wife and I called Alex world and in reality we wanted to be in Alex world too.

So when did it change, how did we become these self limiting factual automated humans who choose to survive not thrive - When did we choose to accept our fate?

Think of your body as a computer and the mind as the hard disk.

As we grow, our environment creates our reality and our parents are the architects and programmers, crafting us so we can survive in the world.

However for all the parents out there, remember the manual you got, how to be a successful parent and program your child. (No I didn't get one either).

So how do we learn and grow and more importantly how to we find our place in the tribe.

The rules of the mind are simple.

1. Your minds job is to keep you alive
2. Make connection and avoid rejection

So no matter the environment good or bad we are a product of it and our subconscious mind is programmed from an early age to work in that environment.

Why is it that those with money seem to always attract money, it is part of their environment?

Why is it that those who have been subject to violence or sexual abuse continue the cycle?

Why do I always attract bad men?

Why can't I give up smoking?

Why am I fat?

Why am I depressed?

From 0-8 this when our reality is created in our subconscious, after that point we then start to have conscious thoughts and start to make choices, so we can change our environment through opportunity, hard work etc  but our subconscious and unconscious mind are still running those programs in the background and they are still influencing our reality.

This is why so many people are suffering with mental ill health, consciously they know what they want but subconsciously, without knowing it their mind is keeping them safe.

We live in the subconscious 95% of the time,   if you are lucky we use conscious thought 5% of the time but in reality most people are consciously aware less than 1% of the time.

In the battle of progression the subconscious wins, our environmental thoughts drag us back to safety.

I remember when I was going to join the Army and I did really well in the assessment and was told I should do A Levels and go for officer training.

I considered it and when I spoke to my dad, an amazing person who has worked hard all his life and came from a poor working class northern background he said this:

1. No, you need to get a trade
2. You won't fit in with those types, you won't be accepted
3. Besides we can't afford to send you to college and university

So at the time, my dad, my hero gave me this advice and enforced my limited beliefs based on his own environment.

So I will translate my dads subconscious when offering these wise words which he believed would protect me.

1. I was told I would amount to nothing and I would have to work in the mill, I got a trade and that has served me well. The thought of being an officer was not available to me and I don't know how to advise you. In fact I will probably lose connection with you - that scares me.

2. I never got on with those university people, all suits and no idea how to speak to people. They look down there nose at you, I am scared that you are working class and they won't accept you. They loved school I hated it, they are not part of our tribe.

3. This isn't available to you. I feel stressed because I don't have the money to support your dream and I am scared if you fail that I will have failed you. I can help you with what I know and the tribe can protect you.

My dad and many other parents and people who love us do what they do to protect us, keep us safe according to the limited beliefs they got from there parents, so they program us to survive in the world that they know. Not consciously but subconsciously.

Our who class system works this way and it is only when you understand the way to break this cycle is to upgrade the programs you run in your mind we connect to the tribe.

We can't dialogue with the subconscious without the help of techniques like RTT.  I love my work, upgrading people from the impossible to the possible.

We think nothing of upgrading to the latest Tablet, Computer or Smartphone as it gets slow, outdated and stops us creating, but we never upgrade our mind.

The beauty is that as we create negative environments we can equally, effortlessly create positive ones, with the right tools and techniques.

How amazing is that!!!!!!

We don't need pills, potions or any of that stuff we just need to upgrade our software so we can start running the latest apps to create the life we want.

So I hope you enjoyed this first blog and I hope it has given you hope that you can live an extraordinary life, so remember Make Your Life Count

Love Marcus





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kindness - Mental Health Awareness Week 2020

Wellbeing in the Work Place - Is it Working?

I went shopping and got my shopping for FREE!!!